If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position and love helping others, apply today using the secure form below.
At Carolina Estate Planning, we provide outstanding legal service through teamwork, active listening, empathy, compassion, and expert problem-solving skills. Our culture is important to us, and we value open and respectful feedback as well as work-life balance. We care about our teammates’ personal, professional, and financial goals and help them achieve success.
Skills that we are searching for in a candidate for any position include integrity, accountability, professionalism, flexibility, and amazing customer service skills. We want someone who works well as part of a team and can roll up their sleeves and help wherever it is needed.
With two convenient offices in Winston-Salem and Durham, there are multiple options to join our team. We offer in-office and remote positions. You can also check out our job postings on Indeed.
Salary: $60,000 – 70,000 per year
Expected hours: 35-40 per week
We are seeking a candidate that can use their experience with the North Carolina probate system to prepare and maintain legal documents, track and calendar important deadlines, prepare motions, interview clients, and conduct legal research.
– Assist attorneys in preparing legal documents for probate such as court forms, inventories and accountings.
– Conduct legal research and gather relevant information for probate cases.
– Organize and maintain legal files and documents.
– Manage and update case management systems.
– Communicate with probate clients, witnesses, and other parties involved in legal matters.
– Schedule appointments, meetings, and court hearings.
– Prepare and organize exhibits for trial or hearings.
– Draft correspondence and other legal documents.
– Assist with administrative tasks such as billing and timekeeping.
– 5 years of paralegal experience specifically working with the North Carolina probate system under an attorney in a law firm setting.
– Clerical skills: Ability to handle administrative tasks such as filing, organizing documents, and managing calendars.
– Phone etiquette: Excellent phone manners and ability to communicate professionally with clients, colleagues, and other parties.
– Legal research: Proficient in conducting legal research using various resources to gather relevant information for cases.
– Paralegal skills: Knowledge of paralegal duties, including drafting legal documents, assisting with trial preparation, and managing case files.
– Legal drafting: Ability to draft and maintain legal documents and prepare motions.
– Legal case management: Experience in managing case files, organizing documents, tracking deadlines, and maintaining case management systems.
– Administrative skills: Proficient in handling administrative tasks such as billing, timekeeping, scheduling appointments, and managing correspondence.
– Organizational skills: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines.
– Litigation support: Experience in providing support to attorneys during litigation, including document review, preparation of exhibits, and trial assistance.
Location: Winston-Salem Office
Salary: $17-$20 per hour
Expected hours: 35-40 per week
– Scan all incoming documents and electronically file according to firm’s e-filing procedures;
– Greet all potential and existing clients with a warm, friendly welcome;
– Communicate with people on the phone, in person, and by email;
– Schedule appointments and manage calendars;
– Prepare legal documents, such as estate planning binders and e-portfolios;
– Perform basic administrative tasks – draft documents, copy, scan, file, mail;
– Serve as witness at signing ceremonies;
– Act as notary for officiating client documents;
– Maintain practice and client confidentiality.
– Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar;
– 2 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting;
– Notary certification is a plus;
– Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider candidate with an Associate’s degree;
– Must have great time-management skills and organizational skills;
– You must be available to work in the office;
– Strong administrative skills and detail oriented;
– Comfortable working with various computer programs, databases and systems;
– Reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain strict confidentiality;
– You don’t think making coffee or getting our guests a beverage is beneath you;
– A positive, high-energy team player who is results-oriented.